Rules / Eligibility
By making an entry, you agree that:.
- The film is one of your first SIX (6) commercials/films in the category.
- The film has been released between January 1st 2019 and June 30th 2020.
- By entering the film in this competition, you accept the terms and conditions below.
Please indicate the region where the film has been produced, not the director’s nationality.
- Northern America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East
- Directors must have had no more than three years professional experience.
- Entries must be one of the director’s first SIX (6) pieces of work ever made in the category.
- Films must have been released between January 1st 2019 and June 30th 2020.
- The permission of all copyright owners must be obtained for entry into competition.
- Where possible please obscure all director and producer CREDITS from the film.
- If the submitted film is in a foreign language it’s in your own interest to include English subtitles.
- Campaigns consisting of several films can be entered but only as individual films. Each film will be judged individually.
- Films directed by a team of directors can be entered. Each director must, however, fulfil the above criteria.
- Credits for entries should be submitted via the online form.
- The award organisers are entitled to exclude films not fulfilling the above criteria.
- The award organisers are entitled to move an entry to a more appropriate category if necessary.
- To enter the competition the film must be submitted with completed entry form, payment and uploaded to the Young Director Award website before the final deadline.
- Entries MUST not exceed 60 minutes in length.
ENTERING THE FILM
- The film and a thumbnail image must be uploaded through the entry site. Longer format entries should also supply a teaser/trailer, edited or cut version (5 minutes or less) to be used for a final judging review and at the winners ceremony.
- The desired resolution is HD 1920 x 1080
- The format of the upload should be .mov or .mp4 (thumbnail image is a .jpg)
- When entering a film, the online entry form must be completed, including declarations stating: That this is one of the first SIX (6) commercials/film projects made by the director in the category, and that the film has been released between January 1st 2019 and June 30th 2020.
- Entrants must pay an entry fee.
- The entry process is not complete until the administration fee is paid.
- If you are paying by Bank Transfer you must pay within 5 working days of submitting the order for your entries.
- A shortlist will be selected in June from all the films entered.
- Shortlisted directors will be informed by email.
- Winners may be required to supply additional material for any promotional publications and screenings held after the YDA Show.
- The 1st judging session will be organized online in early June.
- The final judging for 2020 will also be online.
TREATMENT & PUBLICATION
- Entrants authorize the YDA to screen or publish the film or any stills from their film in connection with any promotion of the competition on all media.
- Entrants will be required to supply additional material of any winning work for promotional publication or exhibition.
- Entrants agree to hold YDA not liable for any claim that may be made against them by reason of any such screenings or publication.
- Entrants authorize YDA’s sponsors to publish their work on their website and/or Social Media. Including being featured in a shots slate reel after the winners ceremony.